The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui is not a thick heavy book, but rather a concise book, but with wealth of information and over 80 photos of various hand positions, which are extremely useful for reiki practitioners, as well as those who are only interested in reiki.
It is not a sort of book where you read it once and put it away, but refer to it over and again for as long as you’re a reiki practioner.
It is written by Frank Arjava Petter who is one of the highly respected reiki healers and teachers in the world. His thorough research in Japan of the materials that were passed down by reiki masters is organized and categorized neatly into this handbook.
The book is especially useful as it offers:
- How reiki was used traditionally when it was originally founded by Dr Mikao Usui
- Three pillars of reiki, including the importance of meditation
- Buddhist background and origin of hand healing
- Images of different hand positions
- For key body parts: head, throat, lungs, heart, liver, stomach, intestines, bladder, uterus, kidneys, etc.
- For key illnesses and symptoms: headaches, respiratory disorders, digestion, cardiovascular problems, blood, kidney issues, skin problems, childhood diseases, female issues, etc.
If you are a reiki practitioner and don’t have a copy, I highly recommend that you get a copy.
Price: US$9.99 from Amazon.com
If you already have a copy of the book and want to share your thoughts, I’d love to hear from you too! Please leave a comment below.